Friday, August 31, 2012

I missed my blog!!!


Wow!  Hats off to teachers who manage their classroom AND their blog!  I have neglected this poor blog since school began and I've missed it so!  Yay for long weekends!!! 

what a huge help it is to collaborate with peers!  we are incorporating the common core by reading one narrative text and one informational text to tie in our social studies / science / health standards so I created a page for the kids to use to write a response for each book. 

I plan on trying it out this week for our theme: "family and home" and hopefully it will be successful.  Here are the two books I will be reading aloud...



(click the picture to download)

I incorporated the informational format from Deanna jump’s idea and just a plain old text box with lines for the narrative story.  we will do the narrative text and left side of page one day and the informational story and right side another day. The frame (border) is from scrappin doodles and the font is hello firstie.  Hope you find this useful...if you don't have the font, just hit ctrl A and change to a font you have! It looks a mess when you open in google docs, but if you click file...download it should look "normal".  If not, email me and I will email you the page!!!

Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment