Monday, June 24, 2019

Pete the Cat School Tour freebie


While I do love summertime, I enjoy planning for the coming school year. One of the things I like to do on the first day is to take my students on a tour of the school so they can get to know the layout and meet the people who make our school great. 

I made this Pete the Cat School Tour freebie packet to make it fun for my kiddos.  
  

After reading Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin we will find this page tucked in  the back of the book...



Then we will begin our tour which will lead us around the school ending on the playground where we will go over the rules and then play a little (they are five after all).  Finally, we will head back to our classroom to find this taped to our door...



We will think about where the first clue lead us and that will (hopefully) lead the kids to our classroom library where they will find this...




There are two different sizes of labels to choose from included in the packet. Pick the one that fits best and attach it to the Pop Rocks candy packet.  

The order of our tour is below...it may not match your school exactly.  You can do what I have done in the past and "wing it".  Since they are five they may or may not be able to read so I usually just read what I need it to say. 

:) Update:  I have added an editable slide for you to tweak the order to help you adjust it to fit your school tour! :)



My kiddos are sure to have a good year and I hope yours do to!

Head over to my tpt store to download this freebie!

Happy Teaching!



No comments:

Post a Comment